Not all eye exams are the same. Here at Northcross Eye Associates we provide a comprehensive eye evaluation to all of our patients that consists of two main parts – evaluation of current vision and future vision.
To test your current vision, we do the following:
- Evaluation of current visual acuity using modern acuity systems
- Testing of eye muscle balance and eye movements
- Perform a wavefront analysis and automatic refraction using state of the art technology
- Refinement of prescription using computer assisted equipment
To test your future vision, we do the following:
- Examine the ocular tissues surrounding the eye
- Check the structures that comprise the external part of the eye
- Measure the pressure inside the eye
- Perform a full dilated exam of the structures inside the eye
- Take digital pictures of normal findings to use as education
- Take digital pictures of any abnormalities to monitor progression
Further testing may be required if medically necessary and in most cases is covered by your medical insurance.
Dr. Crawford is committed to providing the highest level of service and most comprehensive examination for you and your family. Our team will take the time to insure that “no stone goes unturned” during your visit with us and that you fully understand everything that is found and recommended after your thorough examination.